Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Missing Americans

Locating a Missing American in Mexico

If you are worried about the health or well-being of an American citizen thought to be in Nuevo Laredo or the northern areas of the states of Tamaulipas or Coahuila, please contact the Consulate.  You may also contact the State Department's Office of Overseas Citizens Services at (202) 647-5225. The State Department will contact the the appropriate person at the Consulate. Every attempt will be made to locate the person and verify their well-being. Please have all available information about the individual's travel plans and contact information when you call. More information about available consular services in these situations is available online.

Locating a Missing Person in the United States

The Consulate is unable to assist you in finding people in the United States. You may wish to use on-line locator services, such as Switchboard or Anywho in your search. If you are looking for a person in the U.S. who is not an American citizen, you may wish to contact the Embassy or Consulate of the country of which the person is a citizen. For example, if you are looking for a Mexican citizen who you believe is in the United States, you should contact the Mexican Embassy in the U.S.